Charlton 1-1 Blackburn- Match Report

Strugglers Charlton and Blackburn play out hard-fought drawCharlton and Blackburn's winless Sky Bet Championship runs continued as the two strugglers battled out a 1-1 draw at The Valley.Harry Lennon's deflected strike put the Addicks in front but they could not hold out until half-time, with Jordan Rhodes equalising in the 45th minute.The home side had the edge in the opening stages, with a Tony Watt cross just too far in front of Igor Vetokele.Watt, on his first game back since a loan spell at Cardiff, then teed-up Johann Gudmundsson, whose effort from 20 yards flew over.Blackburn's first shot on goal came after 18 minutes when Corry Evans dragged his shot wide from just outside the box.Jorge Teixeira, making his debut for the home side after signing from Standard Liege this week, then headed over from a Gudmundsson corner.Charlton snatched the lead on the half-hour when a Gudmundsson free-kick caused chaos in the box and the ball fell to Lennon, with the young centre-back's effort deflecting past goalkeeper Jason Steele.It was Lennon's second goal for the Londoners.Minutes later, Charlton's Vetokele deflected a cross just over as the Addicks looked to doubled their advantage.However, on the stroke of half-time Blackburn were level when a superb cross by Adam Henley from the right was headed past keeper Stephen Henderson from six yards by Rhodes.It was only Blackburn's second goal in the last seven league games.Straight after half-time, a far-post header by Craig Conway from an Elliott Bennett cross tested Henderson who got down well to save.Blackburn were now all guns blazing and Shane Duffy should have done better when a cross found him in space in the box but the centre-back headed over the crossbar.Charlton's Teixeira then volleyed inches over at the other end.Vetokele was put through by a Gudmundsson flick-on in the 64th minute, but the forward's drive was saved well by Steele.With 10 minutes left on the clock, Rhodes was inches away from getting on the end of Hope Akpan's inswinging cross, while substitute Darragh Lenihan snatched at a chance, slicing it wide.Rhodes then found himself through in the box but Henderson got down well to save from the former Huddersfield man.Rovers goalkeeper Steele then made a brave clearance with his head as Reza Ghoochannejhad closed in before colliding with the Charlton man and needing lengthy treatment for a head injury.He recovered but neither side could find the winner during six minutes of injury time

Source : PA

Source: PA