Charlton 1-2 Blackburn- Match Report

Charlton 1-2 Blackburn: Match Report - view commentary, squad, and statistics of the game as it happened.Taylor wins it for RoversBlackburn ensured it was another happy Valley visit as they beat Charlton 2-1 in the FA Cup third round.Blackburn's fourth win in their last six matches at Charlton's home was sealed as Chris Taylor scored twice, his second and third goals for Rovers as he made his 46th appearance since joining from Millwall - the home side's big rivals.The hosts had drawn level through a Johann Gudmundsson free-kick early in the second half, but Taylor ensured that Blackburn were soon back in front, and the later dismissal of Charlton's Yoni Buyens made the hosts' task all the more onerous.The match was also halted by a 12-minute delay, with 29 minutes on the clock, as the floodlights went out and referee Keith Stroud guided the players down the tunnel.But Blackburn were worthy winners after dominating for long stretches, despite their manager Gary Bowyer opting to leave striker Jordan Rhodes on the bench as he made six changes to the team that had drawn 0-0 with Middlesbrough six days previously.Rhodes scored both goals in Blackburn's 2-0 win at Ewood Park when these sides met a fortnight ago and Chris Brown started up front in his absence.Rovers scored with their first shot after just four minutes as Craig Conway crossed from the left for Taylor to rise highest in the area and plant a header into the bottom left corner from around eight yards.Charlton were without a win in seven league matches coming into this game and looked a side short on confidence, particularly in the absence of suspended winger Callum Harriott.They looked fairly menacing down their right flank, as Blackburn did down their left, and gained their only real chance of the opening period as George Tucudean crossed from right and the ball fell to captain Johnnie Jackson, who could only fire over from 12 yards under pressure from Ben Marshall.Five minutes after the game resumed from the floodlight failure, Blackburn could have had a second goal as another Conway cross from the left was headed straight at Charlton goalkeeper Neil Etheridge by Brown.However, Charlton were level 10 minutes after half-time as Gudmundsson curled a brilliant free-kick over the wall and low into the bottom right corner from around 25 yards.But parity lasted for just another four minutes as Brown did brilliantly to turn Charlton right-back Lawrie Wilson one way and then another before crossing for Taylor to blast his second of the game into the roof of the net.Charlton's hopes of getting back into the game were effectively extinguished as Buyens was dismissed for his second booking on 72 minutes, while Blackburn's Tom Cairney rattled the bar from just outside the area with a brilliant drive near the end

Source : PA

Source: PA