Charlton 0-2 Wolverhampton- Match Report

Wolves win again as Charlton's home misery continuesWolves heaped more misery on Charlton as they ran out 2-0 winners at the Valley

Having not won on their own turf since early November, the hosts were looking to improve after their last-gasp equaliser at Bristol City on Boxing Day.Wolves were also looking to capitalise on their victory over Reading on the same day, and improve on their run of three wins in 13 games

The south London outfit had the bulk of the early possession, but were unable to fashion out much in the way of chances.The first chance of any real meaning fell to the visitors after 28 minutes, when captain Danny Batth flicked on a free-kick to the onrushing Benik Afobe - however, he was unable to properly control the ball, allowing goalkeeper Stephen Henderson to collect

Wolves were starting to ramp up further pressure of their own, with Jordan Graham on the left wing especially lively

However, attempts on goal were still largely absent, in a first half that disappointed immensely in terms of entertainment

Charlton were forced into a change just before the break when Ademola Lookman was substituted by Simon Makienok just before the break

The Danish striker made an immediate impression on the game, although it came in bizarre circumstances when he accidentally clashed with referee Keith Hill - leaving the official unable to continue in the second half

Wolves started off the stronger of the two sides after the break, and Graham produced the best effort of the game on 48 minutes, when he curled an effort from a breakaway just wide of the post

The winger finally got on the scoresheet on 52 minutes, when a powerful run from Afobe down the right led to a cross across the box, with the 20-year-old on hand to tap in

With the home fans clearly annoyed at both their team going behind and ongoing ownership issues with the club, Afobe nearly doubled the lead with a low drive, but Henderson was on hand to turn it away

Charlton were able to force a couple of corners to attempt to regain a foothold in the game, although their lack of potency up front continued to work against them

The game was effectively over as a contest with eight minutes remaining, when Batth was credited with a goal from a corner by Graham - although it appeared that Harry Lennon took a touch to guide it past Henderson

Source : PA

Source: PA